Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gulp and popping cork... It does work!

nice work dude!
    MANVEL MOB

Awesome milkjug! How did u work it and how much leader did u have b/w the cork n lure? May give that a try one day!

Get u a couple of Cajun Thunder popping corks. They work great with a gulp under them./.

I am not a big fan of gulp under popping cork, but Donna catch her biggest red to date with it, so she like throwing it once and awhile.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

How did u work it and how much leader did u have b/w the cork n lure?
    I would give it a pop or two, pause a second, then pull the cork medium speed through the water for about 2 feet (to move it), then pause, repeat pops....

The jig was suspended about 1' under the cork. Kind of short, but the fish didn't seem to mind. I would go longer if the water was more clear.

I have some cajun thunders ($2 clearance at Academy!). Didn't bring them because I never used any corks with artis. Will add them to the arsenal after today. One thing I didn't like about the cork was it's hard to pull it fast through the water, making it harder to cover an area. Cajun T's are a lot more streamlined, which is good.

Nice work MJ

I've never thrown that plastic cutbait any...but it looks like it would be a good idea for days like you fished in.

I've never thrown that plastic cutbait any
    Best advice is not to start then. Once you start killin' em on gulp, it becomes an expensive confidence lure to have

Yep you don't need me to find the fish.....

Way to put it on them bro! Next Tourney you need to just fish out of your yak, you are always catching them when you are yaking!
    Pro Staff - Ardent Reels, Santone Lures, Creme Lures, Bandit Lures, Dunamis Rods, Mayhem Bait Co., New Pro Products, Lazyman Hooks, K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon, & Thrasher Sports Apparel