• freelining a bait

1 33.33%
  • other, if so, lets hear it!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: top offshore lures

Red Snapper top offshore lures

just wondering,

Well to me so much can depend on where/what your fishing. I think at anytime it's hard to beat a live bait, but at the sametime not always as fun as doing some speed vertical jigging, so I guess my answer is all of them just depends on what I'm fishing for and what "structure" I'm fishing, if we are drifting structure then I just about always have a free line bait out for some excitment. As far as jigs, I've started using the Hopper jigs and I really like them over Williamson's now.

I'm pretty much a bait it up and drop it angler off shore... I tend to use dead bait or live if we happen to have some. I've used the Butterfly Jigs and caught 2 big Jacks on them and haven't used it since lol guess I need to stick with it some more...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Rebel "Jawbreakers" and silver Russel lures( King killers) have always been my go to baits.

Red and white snapper slappers tipped with icefish are pretty effective too.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

I agree with Mike-the Rebel Jawbreaker beats the crud outta any Rapala. Russels are great for kings. I like red/white skirted jigs with sardine trolled along a weedline-if any dorado is around, they're gonna hit it-not the chickens, but the 10-20#. I make my own using "kingbuster skirts", 7 strand wire and sampo swivels. The skirts also work for drifting a flat line-big snapper love them. I also like pink/chartreuse and red/white and purple black snapper slappers. I don't butterfly jig fish-never really done it but once and it was tough work and since I prefer trolling or drifting I just aint really tried it. Also love 5-6" live mullet and piggy perch-ling can't resist them and the piggies work good on the snappers.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Thanks for some input guys. I don't get offshore too much at all so this year I am going to try tuna fishing. I know I did not put a target fish on the poll but it gives me a good look at what people are working with. I just want to make the best of my offshore trip coming up. Keep the great info coming in.