Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New route to SLP is skinny

Quote Originally Posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
    That gut is deep as hell.... The only problem are the dumbarses
    that come over the top of the bar cuz they are not sure where it starts saw a big contender
    Get stuck for about an hour on his way offshore Saturday
    its real wide and a straight shot in... Remember
    this is a natural gut ... Not a channel. So try using a little common sense
    Glenn:

Common sense-WTH IS DAT? Most folks can't even spell it, much less have some!!!! Like the guy parked in the gut two weeks ago. BMUN STUN ("NUMB NUTS" backwards).
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

This goes for yakkers too...don't park your *** in the middle and expect me to shutdown when I have to go around you! That middle finger works both ways!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

haha! we have waked the hell out of guys parked in the middle of the SLP gut, and I never feel bad about it.... My lower units>your dumbass fishing spot

I'm about to navigate west bay to SLP and im worried about this GUT. Are there PVC poles that mark it?

With a sunny day tomorrow and clear water, you should be able to see the guts and bars, go slow at first.

^agree with Steve, wait for a sunny clear calm day and go slow to mark it on a gps. It's the rough muddy days that will make the route scary when you can't tell where the guts are. The sand shifts so much that relying on poles and google earth is not the best idea. From last summer to now, a lot has changed over there. And sharks will always be around!

The gut pass is marked by your green and red channel markers. However once in only red are shown. Keep to the right of the markers and you'll be fine. It's wide enough but caution should still be used. Go slow at first until you're all the way through it. On the return us the RRR, right on red when returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usaflag

Good to know , thank you .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

You're welcome.

"We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Good posts... ain't it true...always changing at SLP. Go slow!

I have a house in Sea Isle and have not been able to get down to the Pass this year due to working too much. Last summer I took the path in this picture. Is the route y'all are referencing in the same general location or is it now somewhere else? Any details are appreciated... hoping to go out next weekend! Thanks as always guys!

SLP to WestBay (2).jpg