Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New route to SLP is skinny

It's the same. Hasn't changed.

thanks... appreciate it.

I noticed there were an unusual number of boats throwing sandy rooster tails last Saturday. Things change quickly out there for sure.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Last weekend, I did my first run through the pass using some GPS coordinates my father-in-law provided me. Still managed to run on top of a couple of sandbars but able to push off back into deeper water. I think I wasn't zoomed in enough on my GPS, and even though it looked like I was on course, I was probably a bit off and/or things have changed slightly since he mapped it. Either way, I finally did make it to the bridge. There is definitely a learning curve, so I will continue to try it out until I get more comfortable running it. Some nice comments and advice on this old thread. Glad it was revived.

Every GPS are a bit different, so using another GPS coordinates may not be correct for yours. After Harvey is over with, I would think the cut will change again.

I would imagine it'll blow the guts out and might re-open the cut NW of the current one that sanded in about 3 years ago.