Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this?

Default Re: What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie70 View Post
    I don't know its scientific name. I just know it as dogfish.
    Them never hit my super spook thank gawd
    MANVEL MOB

Usaflag

NESSIE. !!
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Default What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Primer View Post
    Mother in law fish!
    Bwhahaha
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Default What is this?

Quote Originally Posted by dbarham View Post
    Them never hit my super spook thank gawd
    Lol no joke
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

A little off topic brother, but what's the deal with Branard? I am a layman historian; are you related to the man? If so, that's really cool man. "Do not shoot that man; he is too brave!" I have been to that spot in Gettysburg, truly fascinating. Not a big fan of Hood's, but long live the Texas Brigade!!!! Tight lines brother!!!

I caught one Saturday
    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Usaflag

[QUOTE=slidinspooks;272417]A little off topic brother, but what's the deal with Branard? I am a layman historian; are you related to the man? If so, that's really cool man. "Do not shoot that man; he is too brave!" I have been to that spot in Gettysburg, truly fascinating. Not a big fan of Hood's, but long live the Texas Brigade!!!! Tight lines brother!!![/QUOTE

George Albert Branard was my great grandfather . One of his sons was Henry Branard , my grandfather who I was named after . He was my mothers father and he was a houston court clerk and incidentally was deputized and participated in the relief efforts after the 1900 galveston hurricane disaster . George A Branard became color Sargent after Malvern Hill , i think ,where he caught the colors before it hit the ground when the color Sargent was killed . He did distinguish himself as color Sargent as you mentioned at Gettysburg . Shortly after the Yankee officer told his men not to shoot him , a Yankee canon ball exploded and blinded his right (?) eye. He was in all the battles hoods brigade participated in . They were mainly with general lee in the army of northern Virginia .. Wilderness , fredricksburg , etc . They were also at chickamaugua .. The brigade were crack troops which lee relied on in pivotal situations of a battle . The texas brigade went with lee in the first invasion of the north which resulted in the battle of sharpsburg . As he had no shoes , by the time they reached the to be battlefield , his feet were so lacerated they put him in the field hospital and another man shouldered the colors . Hoods brigade were on lee' s left on the first day of the battle and branard's unit was decimated in the cornfield suffering about 80 percent casualties or there about . After the battle the Yankees found the colors under a pile of men who carried the colors one after the other as they were killed . Branard would have been the first killed if he had had shoes !! He suffered a wound to the shoulder later that rendered him unable to carry the colors and served the remainder of the war in the ambulance service . He returned to houston after the war , built a house near Main Street , 201 BRANARD STREET which was named for him . It's about the third street north of Richmond avenue . He was the treasurer for years of the houston hoods brigade association of veterans . He is mentioned in books about hoods brigade . You can google his name and get some information about him . I'm a member of SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS , Albert Sidney Johnson Camp 61 . I'm proud to be related directly to such a man . I wish Coe had a rebel flag icon on the website .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Usaflag

My name is Henry Branard Bowman , DDS . I also am interested in the War of Northern Agression , have a B. A . In history and geography . BLOCKADE RUNNER is also an informed historian of the conflict .

Usaflag

Don't be too hard on HOOD . He was a capable , fiesty , brigade commander but got promoted to army commander which was beyond his abilities ...the Peter Principle .