Thread: 11-1-2013 south deer island

Usaflag 11-1-2013 south deer island

Attachment 27072Attachment 27073Attachment 27074Attachment 27075Attachment 27076Attachment 27077Attachment 27078Attachment 27072Attachment 27073Attachment 27074Attachment 27075Attachment 27076

well pardon the pictures screw up . Friday , i kayaked all around south deer island looking for fish . I managed my only keeper of the day , a 23 inch red , around 9 am at a shell reef drop off on an outgoing tide . The wind was ne and clocked around the compass to due south by the time i left at 6 pm .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice red buddy.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Nice going Henry!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Usaflag END

Well , the pictures posted up fine . I thought i had duplicated some . But , now i can't get more pictures to load . Not that you're missing anything . I left south deer island and fished a gulp on the bottom for flounder around the houses at the shore working to the end of sportsman's road . I fished the islands west of sportsman and continued farther west to several marsh outfalls . I caught rat reds , some toothy , strange elongated fish , and a gafftop . Late in the day heading back , rafts of mullet were being savagely attacked from below with huge blowups . I guess bull reds . I threw all around the carnage but couldn't get a strike . One attack came nearby when i had my rod ready and i pitched my fatboy right in the middle . I was instantly on and bowed up . Then slack line . The beast had taken my fatboy severing my 20 pound flourocarbon leader at the lure . Rats ! I slunk back to the truck , defeated . No flounder when i'm seeing these posts with flounder , reds , and trout . I'm at the wrong place , obviously . Yet , a good day on the water . No real complaints .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

You did well!!!

Nice report Henry. Water looked pretty choppy early. Did you put in at the slimy old ramp between the houses?

Usaflag

I did . You must be careful not to slip and break your neck .

way to go DOC.....nice report as always