Thread: 1-10-2014 east bay

Usaflag 1-10-2014 east bay

IMGP0659.JPGIMGP0661.JPG

friday i fished east bay on a windward shoreline , south wind projected to be 10-15 mph . I checked the wind friday morning and it wasn't too bad , around 12 mph . The tide was an incoming topping out at around 7 pm , partly cloudy , and warming up into the 60 ish degree mark . I took a chance and went hoping it wouldn't be pumping hard and making the water mud . When i arrived it was perfect . Just enough wind to push bait to the shore and make water clarity off color enough to not be too clear . I rolled up at 2 pm and jumped out to unload the kayak . As i was doing so a familiar figure approached me with arms flung wide . Lo , it was walkinwader , tim . Soon another person approached and it was the sisco kid , don , who i had not meet in person . Come to find out they had just finished wading and were sitting in the truck making out or whatever they were doing ...har ! Tim recognized my truck and popped out to greet me . They had no luck fishing and both had engagements to keep or they would have stayed and fished with me . I said they fished too early having too little water . I'm pictured with tugboat don . I had don take a picture with me and tim , but it wasn't on my camera . Don must have pushed the wrong button .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Usaflag END

IMGP0662.JPGIMGP0663.JPGIMGP0664.JPGIMGP0665.JPGIMGP0666.JPGIMGP0667.JPG

finfish were flipping , some real close to shore . I landed 5 trout , all were around 16 inches except the third one pictured which was a nice 3 pounds even on the boga . I lost 2 , had 4 throw backs . I came prepared to fish after dark . I stayed with fog creeping in until 8:30 pm without a nibble . I tossed topwaters and glow plugs . I thought for sure i would have some hookups , but , nooo . I strung that flounder with the corky still deep in it's mouth . I would have needed a machete to get it out . Good day . I caught some fish !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice! Heck of a crew.

Usaflag

Don , i just noticed your terminal tackle necklace ....cool ! I like it !

Great report & photos. I still owe you some spots on Sabine.., but being retired keeps me sooooo busy.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Usaflag

Quote Originally Posted by s-troop View Post
    great report & photos. I still owe you some spots on sabine.., but being retired keeps me sooooo busy.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iphone
    i'm looking forward to any help with sabine ! Thank you !

Great report Henry. That poor flounder bit off more than he could chew.

Awesome buddy.....what a motley crew.

Beautiful fish with lots of ugly!
    Damn, I just gagged on my Cheerios.