Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Landscaping the front yard

Usaflag

HAR ! You were on a roll .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Yeah.....I watch WAAAAAAAYYYY too much South Park.
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Usaflag

I can change that . Come over and I'll put a shovel in your hand and haul 40 pound bags of mulch . It will keep you fit and trim ... Like me .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Usaflag

The yard has filled in .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thats a busy yard! NICE
    MANVEL MOB

Usaflag

More

Usaflag

Yep

Looks great plugger. It's nuts how fast lantana, plumbagos, and knockout roses grow. I have plumbagos in my backyard currently. I'm about to do a major demo and remodel of the landscaping back there. My wife asked if I was going to try and save them, and I just laughed. It's crazy your daylillies are still blooming. We really did have a long Winter.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Usaflag

Thank you ! Plumbago is a winner . Comes back every year and I love the blue flowers. Did you notice the long row of YELLOW shrimp plants ? They don't freeze . They stay in bloom year round . They are unusual . I've never seen them any where else. I got them at a nursery in the heights . The red salvia comes back every year . All three don't have disease or bug problems .

Quote Originally Posted by plugger View Post
    Thank you ! Plumbago is a winner . Comes back every year and I love the blue flowers. Did you notice the long row of YELLOW shrimp plants ? They don't freeze . They stay in bloom year round . They are unusual . I've never seen them any where else. I got them at a nursery in the heights . The red salvia comes back every year . All three don't have disease or bug problems .
    I did not notice them. I've seen them in reds/oranges at various nurseries, but never that yellow. I like them a lot and have considered including them in my landscape, but I just don't have a good spot for them. I'm still in my first house, so my yard isn't as large as your's. Salvia are fantastic, especially for natural insect repellent. I made a planter for my father in law and put the red and blue (purple) salvias in there with some white vincas. He likes the patriotic theme. I'll have to snap a few pics of my front yard. I did all of the work myself including the stacked stone I used as a border. I also just installed some up-lighting about an hour ago. Demo on my backyard starts next week. I am definitely NOT doing that stacked natural stone again. It looks great, but takes forever to get just right.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?