Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11-21-2014 lake sabine

Usaflag

I have a Louisiana license and launch on the Louisiana side . I kept the 10 . It's been a long time since I had a 10 flounder limit .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Another great Sabine trip and write up. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Nicely done Henry.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

You and your row boat........flounder tonight on the half-wit, er...half-shell! Way to go Henry!!!! Thanks for the report and awesome pix, my friend. Now let's go get some trout....Your boat still in the hospital?
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Excellent report and pics., as usual. Congrats on the 10fish limit! Is that the bridge on the south end of Lake Sabine that goes to Cameron? Man, that sure has changed for the better!!!

Usaflag

Yes , that's the bridge at the south end of the lake .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice report, plugger! Good catching bro.

Usaflag

Quote Originally Posted by Termo View Post
    You and your row boat........flounder tonight on the half-wit, er...half-shell! Way to go Henry!!!! Thanks for the report and awesome pix, my friend. Now let's go get some trout....Your boat still in the hospital?
    The row boat is a fine fishing platform especially for certain applications . I was pretty shallow for most boats . Boaters were fishing deeper water . Time , cleaning , gas saved not taking the boat . I'll take the boat when fishing for trout .
    Matter of fact , the half wit just ate fried flounder for brunch . I gave 5 flounder away , eaten 3 , froze 2 .
    Krolls Marine called yesterday stating the rig is ready . My old trailer bunk sides fell off last time I launched it ...HAR! I had them replace my Minn Kota 80 pound thrust for the I-Pilot 110 pound thrust . It will stay on a set course at a set speed dispute wind and current direction . Less fiddling with controls and more fishing a stretch of shore. Also , it will "anchor " in one spot . If you drift more than 5 feet , it will bring you back . No handle . Remote controlled . RTOLER has one and loves it .

Quote Originally Posted by plugger View Post
    I read an article last month which mentioned these stand up jigs for fresh water fishing . I thought they would be good for flounder fishing where you would drag it along the bottom and not have it snag on something as easily as a swimming jig . It's the second time i've used them and i think it's the way to go . The tail of your bait is higher and waving around for better visibility . This jig is by owner hooks and has the best broad , flat base for this application . The lil john plastic i soaked in gulp juice and shortened it .

Attachment 29790
    I really like that jig head. Looked at the web site and they are priced lower than some other brands that already caught my attention by doing the same thing. They make the soft plastic point upward.
    Very nice.

Usaflag

Yep , I think I got fewer hang ups and the HOOKSET was as good if not better than my usual swimming jigheads for a good HOOKSET . The hook was deep or in the hard jawbone . The three I lost I felt had grabbed it by the teeth then let go . They didn't surface . The line just went limp . I didn't have any throw the hook . . It will be my flounder jighead from now on . I use Owner treble hooks as well for plugs . They make good hooks .