Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on the right way to do things.

You never anchor while drifting mud streaks or deep reefs. If you look at a drift line all boats are usually following a drift pattern. If you start catching fish and drop anchor you will end up in the drift line. You're not out just aimlessly drifting there is a slick, color change or just a known spot you're drifting. The courteous thing to do is drift through motor to the end of the drift line and drift back through. And repeat until limits are filled.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie70 View Post
    You never anchor while drifting mud streaks or deep reefs. If you look at a drift line all boats are usually following a drift pattern. If you start catching fish and drop anchor you will end up in the drift line. You're not out just aimlessly drifting there is a slick, color change or just a known spot you're drifting. The courteous thing to do is drift through motor to the end of the drift line and drift back through. And repeat until limits are filled.
    X 2. Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live in Fairview Texas. Just bought a place in Sea Ilse

thanks for the comments. We were there for about 45 minutes and there was no one in sight until they showed up. By the way that they acted i think 3 of the 4 people felt very uncomfortable with what was happening. I just find it frustrating that I always try to do the right thing and give way to people that are at a spot I was going to fish. There are days (we have all had them) you feel like all you are doing is driving around and burning gas. Like I said I am new to the area so I am certainly not hitting secret spots. Maybe I should not have blasted out of there so that is my bad. Thanks again and those that get to fish this week best of luck!

Yeah in that case you did nothing wrong. You should have pulled a Kenny on em and did about 6 donuts around em lmao
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogie70 View Post
    Yeah in that case you did nothing wrong. You should have pulled a Kenny on em and did about 6 donuts around em lmao

x2