Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compression plate or hydrofoil?

Default Compression plate or hydrofoil?

I'm trying to decide between a hydrofoil or a boatright compression plate or any other similar anti-ventilation or cavitation plate. (Seems like everybody has a different name for them) I have a 16 ft. seaark tunnel hull with sponsoons, jackplate, and 40 hp outboard. I would like to have a quicker hole shot especially while in skinny water and be able to run on plane at lower rpms without any porpoising affects. I know compression plates/anti-ventilation plates are a lot more money than hydrofoils but I'm willing to spend the extra money for whatever gives me the best results and performance if necessary. Or would a hydrofoil give me the same results at a much lower cost? Thank you and any input is appreciated.

I've got what I call a whale tail on my 50 evinrude, 16' whaler. Does great. 30_40 $.

Thanks. How much difference did it make getting on plane?

Like day and night. Works great!

Usaflag

I have a SHALLOW BLASTER on my Yamaha 150 2 stroke . It is my first boat and the dealership recommended it . It keeps more water around the prop and thus makes the prop more effective . It will help accomplish your goals .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Thanks guys. I'm still kinda unsure which one to go with. I know both will help but just curious which one will perform better on boat and engine. Maybe try a whale tail or hydrofoil first and go from there if I'm not completely satisfied with it? Anyways, thank yall for yalls replies

If you're like me, you'll start off less expensive and expand. If it doesn't work out, you haven't lost much.

Shallow Blaster is the way to go! No drilling and it will make a world of difference.

Are the Shallow Blasters at Academy? They had several different ones. How do they stay on without drilling?

Shallow Blaster hands down! Order online and can have it in 2-4 days on your door step!
    Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
    (AKA Evans Marine Services)
    4340 19th St.
    Bacliff, Texas 77518
    http://evansmarine.net
    http://boatwerxtx.com
    main@boatwerxtx.com
    281-559-BOAT (2628)