Thread: Gigging San Luis Pass

Default Gigging San Luis Pass

Does anyone have any tips on gigging San Luis pass? I'm going to give it a shot this evening with my gig lights and 500watt hps. I fish Trinity Bay and East Bay. I am more than willing to help anyone out who needs some pointers for fishing those areas. I know how to run the pass like by bird island ectt. Short to say has anyone had luck on the bird island sandbars lately ? Or is most of the luck coming from up in the flats? Thanks and godbless

I haven't gigged that area in ages. Sorry can't be of any help. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I haven't gigged that area in ages. Sorry can't be of any help. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    Ditto to that. Although that area is dear to me as it's where I went gigging for the first time and found out about FWE one night. WestEndAngler posted up on TOS for an open invite for gigging. Back in the day 'ol Beach Bum Bailey was around too and a heck of a time was had.

That used to be a decent area before Ike.

Usaflag

The shallows opposite the toll booth are popular for gigging .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.