Thread: West Bay Wade- 09/04/17 Report

Default West Bay Wade- 09/04/17 Report

Went out again yesterday to find the surf conditions a bit different compared to Saturday. While still wadable, the surf was a bit rougher so we decided to head down towards West Bay and see if fish were still there.

We arrived and found tannic colored water and loads of bait being busted. Schools of reds were rushing around and just destroying small rafts of mullets. The reds were moving way too fast for us to get to, but I managed to run across a trout and slot red before the action dissipated.

Even then, we found a large raft of mullet swimming in around waist deep water. We moved up and down this raft of mullet and picked off a bunch of trout. Many were dinks, but every so often, we would come across a couple of decent fish. We would cast into the school of mullet and our bites would either be as the bait fell from the school, or as we brought our bait out of it. We were using mostly plum colored soft plastics, but we caught fish on every lure we threw. Final tally of the day is 10 trout and 1 red!Wading Red.jpgPaul's Fish.jpgPost Harvey Stringer 2.jpg
    Resident Ninja

Good catching J!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Nice report! Thanks.

-FP

Nice job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nice catching!!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Usaflag

Nice report with pictures , good outing .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Nice catching now where were you lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk