Thread: Diversionary June 2-3

Default Diversionary June 2-3

Been a while since I posted up a report so I figured I'd identify the skunk that followed me around this weekend..

Went out Sat morning in the wind and farted around looking for a redfish. Threw spinner baits and assassins. Not a single bite. Gave up after about and hour and a half and docked up behind my house so I could do some work on my trailer without the boat on it. Turned out to be more than I wanted to tackle so it's going to the shop after this weekend.

Sat I rigged up a new flounder light on the boat and that evening I took the youngest out to try and gig a few flatfish. We saw 5 - he broke a gig on the first one (old bamboo handle) and got the next one. The other 3 were right on the edge of legal so we left them alone.

Sunday we went out for a bit mid morning to try and redeem ourselves on the redfish - same story except we actually did get a few bites. Slow weekend for sure but still a good time on the water with my kid.
    Shut up and FISH!!

I have been feeling that way lately.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Always fun to get out and try. Better luck next time. Hope the trailer bill doesn't turn out to bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Usaflag

Thanks for the report ! I appreciate the reports that aren't spectacular just as much as the meat haul reports .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Thanks for the report Mike. Good to see you got out gigging.