Thread: 7-27-18 Outstanding Surf Morning

Default 7-27-18 Outstanding Surf Morning

Did a quick before work wade this morning on Quintana. Waded in just before daylight to slick calm water teeming with nervous bait. There were mullet and big white shrimp jumping everywhere. First cast was a hook up and pull off. Second cast I strung one over 20. For the next 20 minutes I caught two fish over 25 that I put back (from the marks on my rod they were 26 and 27) had a monster jump out of the water over my topwater and strung another 4 up to 23. I stayed in the water until 8 and the bite slowed but never stopped. Released probably 6 or 7 more fish over 20 and a handful of smaller ones. Left them biting and was showered and at my desk by 0830. Used Hunchbacks the whole time.. if you don't have any, buy some - thank me later.
    Last edited by Ibtsoom; July 27th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Nice Job Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to tear em up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Usaflag

Wow ! Exciting report ! Some quality fish . I have some hunchbacks and have used them some . Iíve had some issues with the line wrapping around the hook after hitting the water .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Plugger make sure to use a flouro leader. I had the same problem when using topwaters straight to braid. The flouro is a little stiffer so it doesn't wrap as easily

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk