Thread: Quickie trip out of SylvanBeach

Default Quickie trip out of SylvanBeach

Windy as hell as soon as we hit the ramp but decided to proceed anyways. Fished a few pilings south of the ramp with nary a bump and decided to hit 'ole reliable. Went all the way to the turn-around and anchored next to the discharge pipe and started to fish. The only thing that we accomplished was a "get to know each other" bait soak and decided to move to "THE SPOT!" This is on the south side of the Bayport channel West of the container terminal but, a restricted zone that I've been run off from a few times by the CG......made our way over and told them the skinny bout this place and that we'd have to drift cause we can't anchor in case of a quick get-away! First pass fishinsoldier nails a 23" 4# red. Cool!! 4th pass thru I nailed a 26 1/2" red on a gulp reeling up from the channel towards the bank and for those of you that have fished with me, I was good! I got my pull for the day and my next objective was to put those boys on some fish and start drinking. To make a long story short.......we put another 20 miles on the boat and fished 5 or 6 more spots before the rain and the conditions drove us back to the ramp. It was a pleasure finally meeting FishinSoldier and his BIL and getting to fish with them. They have a raincheck for the next trip too. I invited him over here cause I think we can gain by his input. Welcome Blaine and enjoy.
    Last edited by 007; December 27th, 2008 at 03:20 PM.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Good Report Mike.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nice report there 007

Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Nice report and catching
    NK