Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great day in East Bay!!

Default Great day in East Bay!!

Had a great day on the water with Angela and Poon Chaser!! Angela was the overall fish count winner with Keith a distant 2nd. She caught all day but Keith put up the numbers with a 26" 5.5 pound red on a fake bait. Had a great time ya'll and it's a badass new boat that you've got there bro!! Anyone that cares to venture out to Smith Point will be rewarded with some non-stop action!! I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow. She probably caught close to 40 fish today. Every fish was CPR'ed.
    Last edited by 007; October 7th, 2010 at 10:55 PM.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Great trip,congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Nice. Thanks for the report.

Mike where the heck have you been. Great report.

Good report Mike...we were back in the pocket, but didn't have quite that experiance. Did find some reds under schools of shad in about 1-1.5' of water and I actually got to pole some.
    Trout were kinda spotty, with a few here and there. Then there was lunch at the Hurricane Club @ Double Bayou. Good stuff if you're over that way, plus they have a fuel dock and very COLD beer(s)!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
    Good report Mike...we were back in the pocket, but didn't have quite that experiance. Did find some reds under schools of shad in about 1-1.5' of water and I actually got to pole some.
    Trout were kinda spotty, with a few here and there. Then there was lunch at the Hurricane Club @ Double Bayou. Good stuff if you're over that way, plus they have a fuel dock and very COLD beer(s)!
    We were within view of DB where we were fishing at. We didn't launch til noon and caught 90% of our fish in the same spot...we would move to find bigger fish but kept going back to that spot which was over 2 shell reefs in about 3' of water. The bite really turned on about 30 minutes before sunset with fish on almost every cast. Wound up at OutRigger's for drinks about 8 pm. Someone let me send some pics to their phone and email them back to me @ mikewboston@aol.com .

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    We were within view of DB where we were fishing at. We didn't launch til noon and caught 90% of our fish in the same spot...we would move to find bigger fish but kept going back to that spot which was over 2 shell reefs in about 3' of water. The bite really turned on about 30 minutes before sunset with fish on almost every cast. Wound up at OutRigger's for drinks about 8 pm. Someone let me send some pics to their phone and email them back to me @ mikewboston@aol.com .
    Send away, and I'll post em...I was in bed by then....%#^&* work! I could tell it was getting right around 2 when we were headed back to the park.
    Don't be a Nancy!

Send away, and I'll post em...I was in bed by then....%#^&* work! I could tell it was getting right around 2 when we were headed back to the park.
    On the way!!

Well that didn't work as planned! Nice looking fish though.
    Don't be a Nancy!

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Still looking for someone to send them to...pm me your number and I'll send them to you.

Well that didn't work as planned! Nice looking fish though.
    I-Phone or Blackberry?