Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Matagorda 10-9-10

Default East Matagorda 10-9-10

Lurefisher and I fished east matty this weekend and we had mixed results.Saturday was unbelievable we had 35 trout to 3 lb's and 15 redfish 19-27 inches. We kept 5 trout and 4 redfish the we gave to another party we saw on the water, they didn't have such good luck so we gave them our fish.The trout were in about 3 foot of water over sand grass mix. The ticket was to throw a large version corky devil out and let to settle into the grass, the trout would pick it out of the grass without hopping or twitching the lure.The bite lasted all day for us and was non stop until a guy on a Jetski ran in wide open then drifted to where we were casting.We had to change the direction we were casting just to keep from hitting him.Hey Jetskier dude it's not POLITE asking if I need a ride to my boat when you get ready to blast out from there.I told you we were catching fish....then you catch a small keeper and in 10 minutes your ready to go mess up someones elses fishing and ask again to see if I needed a ride....Why do you think we were so far from the boat just standing there not moving? aaaahhh maybe we were on some good fish...Thanks, to the yuppie wanna be fishing jetskier dude I'll return the favor this weekend.School is in session and this teachers going to be driving a hard lession about fishing courtesy....I'll be the M_FK'er in a Marshall blowing through your drift waving and cussing at ya....don't worry I'll be POLITE and ask if YOU need a ride!!!!!
    Sunday.... we had 5 trout and the redfish was like the Texans on Sunday ...they just didn't want to play.

Great report Rick......WTG!

Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

LOL, should have hooked a spook in his back...

Quote Originally Posted by mikey01 View Post
    LOL, should have hooked a spook in his back...
    Oh believe me he wanted to.

Nice report guys.

Definite "LIKE"!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Hey Rick, I'm going to be out there next Saturday, and if you see me waving, me and my stringer will need a ride back to the boat.... Sounds like you had an awesome day Saturday, even with the "M_FK'ers". No matter where you go, they are out there and the sad thing is that they don't even know they are messing up. Did the tide drop out on Sunday?

Yeh Steve the water was way out sun.compared to sat.,And i can't wait for sat.if we see that guy its not going to me nice.

good report guys!
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Yea, Steve the tide dropped a foot on Sunday.Seemed to have made the bite a bit tougher.Sometimes I'm amazed at the brazen ignorance of people on the water.It's like this guy wanted to drive his ski right where our lures were landing.I should have busted him with a topwater and acted like I couldn't see him.I'll be looking for him and it's going to be a long winter for him.Oh I'm sorry Mister I didn't see you on your jetski you need a ride to your truck....in the most POLITE voice !!!