Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11-20-2010 chocolate bay

Nice report Plugger

Nice going guys! Great report as usual.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickg View Post
    hey plugger me and sand tarpon seen you guys out there. we were the ones on the 22 foot gulf coast im glad someone found the flounders, all we could find were reds and trouts. great report
    You two were on the opposite bank near the green channel marker ? I'll look for a report from you..but , how many reds and trout did you get ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Good job. Nice little photo essay there. Thanks for sharing.

Usaflag

Quote Originally Posted by plugger View Post
    new to the site , curmudgeon , asked me to go kayak fishing with him . He had never fished saltwater much and never been in a kayak before , and , he wanted someone " experienced " to go with him . I told him i was your man . Only later did i realize he was referring to kayaking and catching fish . Boy , was i embarressed . He had borrowed an old heritage yak . He needed a shoe horn to slip into it , and , once in he was stuck and couldn't reach any of his hatches or bags behind him . His hatches were awash and he was dangerously close to the waterline . He wanted to fish chocolate bay . I never fished the upper bay near the 2004 ramp where we launched , but , with some solicited advice from muddskipper ( thank you !! ) we met there at 6 am friday . The day was partly cloudy , the wind was calm early , sse , se , e , ese 5-13 mph , bay water around 65 degrees , water visibility about 9 inches , outgoing tide in the morning and incoming started early afternoon at a good clip , air was 62 degrees early , warming to 71 degrees . Attachment 10617Attachment 10618Attachment 10615Attachment 10615Attachment 10620Attachment 10619
    here you go .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Usaflag

That was fun to retread . I'd forgotten a lot of that . Pictures with a report brings it to life .

Very nice
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Yeah, If I'd known that my kayak rode so low in the water I wouldn't have gone!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Usaflag

Har ! Do you have a real anchor yet or just upgrated to a 10 pound dumbell ? We'll have to go again . I'd like to check your gear .

Quote Originally Posted by plugger View Post
    Har ! Do you have a real anchor yet or just upgrated to a 10 pound dumbell ? We'll have to go again . I'd like to check your gear .
    I was new to kayaking as I was to fishing back then. That was a borrowed yak with no gear so I had to improvise. I have since corrected that by spending way too much of my money on kayaks, anchors, paddles, rudders, rods, reels, etc. A Bruce claw was one of the first items I bought. I'd be happy to head out with you and my cat again!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."