Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your Ride!!

Yea I found that out the hard way, thanks, it has been revised since then.
    http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2574_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoChavs View Post
    just got mine tonight... here's what i got on it so far... im thinking of adding some PVC to the crate ....and thats all i got so far =(

Attachment 11524
    I mentioned in MarkoChavs other thread about getting a narrower crate or basket from Big Lots that will fit more snug and lower in the hold. You'll find that reducing your profile to the wind will make a difference, both paddling and drifting.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, I pity the fish downstream. - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
    I mentioned in MarkoChavs other thread about getting a narrower crate or basket from Big Lots that will fit more snug and lower in the hold. You'll find that reducing your profile to the wind will make a difference, both paddling and drifting.
    havent been able to find anything smaller than that normal crate =/

Cut the sides off, trim to desired size, and use heavier zip ties to tie it back together. It won't be the prettiest but it will be very functional.

Ha! Not a bad idea.

So I took the yak out today at the camp at SLP and it was awesome!!!! Didn't really catch anything, but just being out in that water was so much fun.

I DID get tired of paddling, but I'm sure if I do it enough I'll be okay (it was probably because I was on a schedule and wanted to get places in a hurry)

Also, didn't have a gps since I thought that staring at that map for a whole week would do me some good ...but it didn't.

Sorry I didn't make it, Sandy =/ I kinda got lost and headed south looking for the mouth of that cut but to no avail.

I can't wait to navigate all those places and finally be able to catch some fish!!! But for right now I guess I'll be "shooting in the dark" since I have no idea where the fish are lol but the main thing is that I'm having tons of fun, right!?

Oh and by the way, my shoulders are sore as HE77!!!! lol

Here is pic of me in my ride.Pretty sweet huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoChavs View Post
    Ha! Not a bad idea.

But for right now I guess I'll be "shooting in the dark" since I have no idea where the fish are lol but the main thing is that I'm having tons of fun, right!?
    There are quite a few folk out there in the same "boat" looking for the fish. I'll take a picture of the narrower crate and post. Good job on the initial outing!!
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, I pity the fish downstream. - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas