2019 West Bay Big Trout Tournament & Fundraiser
Saturday, January 26, 2019
Rules & Regulations
2. $80 / per Angler
3. A maximum of three (3) anglers per team. No exceptions. Single Entries allowed.
4. All paid participants will receive a Long Sleeve Shirt. Please indicate size on registration form
5A. You can launch anywhere & anytime you want at 6:00 AM the day of the tournament. You must stay within the stated boundaries during
5B. You may not leave a “no-wake zone” or walk-in until 6:00AM CST January 26, 2019. You can launch your boat & stage before 6:00 AM.
6. Guides allowed.
7. Wade fishing is permitted within sight of other team member (200 yard max).
8. Fishing hours will begin at 6:30 a.m. January 26, 2019 and contestants must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Weigh-in will begin at 2:30 p.m.
Weigh-in at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar (Sea Isle)
9. Live, Artificial or Dead Bait may be used. All fish must be caught on a rod and reel.
10. All anglers must have a valid fishing license with saltwater endorsement with them at weigh-in. If you are asked and cannot produce a valid
license, your entire team will be immediately disqualified, no exceptions!
11. No fish may be accepted from or given to another team.
12. No communication between tournament anglers. Contacting outside sources by phone or radio for purposes of finding fish is strictly
forbidden. This includes using any social media applications (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.).
13. Boat, Wade or Kayak fishing is all permitted within the stated boundaries.
14. Heaviest trout stringer will win (max of 3 speckled trout per team, only 1 trout may be over 25”)
15. Boundaries: http://goo.gl/maps/NmhMu
16. All participants will be subject to polygraph testing.
17. Anglers must be in the weigh in line no later than 4:00 p.m., unless you are standing in line, the weigh in will close at 4:00 p.m.
18. All fish weighed in must be within the regulations of TPWD. Any undersized or over-sized fish that are turned in for weighing that are not
within regulations will disqualify the team.
19. In case of a tie, weigh in time will determine the winner.
20. Live Trout weighed-in & will receive a half pound (1/2) pound bonus added to the weight of each fish (max of 1.5 LBS for 3 live trout).
There is no penalty for bringing in dead trout.
21. All Weigh Master’s rulings are FINAL.
22. Sponsors and organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss, damage, or theft to any property.
23. Cash payout to the top 5 teams (see below) ** Can be expanded if we have a good turnout **
24. Side Pot: (Optional) – $20/ angler “Big Trout” the heaviest trout will win – 60% / 30% /10% cash payout. In the event of a tie earlier weighed
fish will win. No bonus for live / dead.
25. Side Pot – If one team member elects to do side pot, all members must be entered – no exceptions
26. Kayak Anglers – You are allowed to exceed the max distance stated in Rule #7 only to take a fish back to a truck or shoreline to place it in a
live well. You must immediately return to within the 200 yard range of your partner once completed.
27. Awards: 1st – 5th place teams will receive checks, a team plaque & fishing gear.
28. Fish from your stringer can be used in side pot.
29. You may only approach the weigh table with at most 3 trout per team for the main division.
30. Raffle, Auction & Awards: 4:30 PM, January 26, 2019 at West End Restaurant & Sand Bar 21706 Burnet Dr Galveston, TX 77554 (Sea Isle)
31. IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, THIS EVENT WILL BE RESCHEDULED, IF FOR ANY REASON EVENT CANNOT BE HELD ALL
ENTRY FEES WILL BE REFUNDED
Payout scale based on 100 anglers: