Felt Like a Trout Day 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felt Like a Trout Day 12/1

I was eager to get on the water after the cold front that blasted our coast earlier this week lowered the water levels and water temperature. The water levels have been running a little high lately, which has scattered the fish and made them hard to see. Tony, a friend of mine, wanting to go fishing and was looking someone with a truck and hitch to pull his boat because his was in the shop. Being the good friend that I am, (I really just wanted to get on the water) I jumped on the opportunity to the leave the kayak at home in exchange for a faster, drier ride.

We ended the day with 30-40 trout up to 26″. All of them fat wintertime fish. We had probably 10 fish over 20″ and 3 between 24″-26″. Not a bad start to winter pattern fishing.

Full report and additional pictures here...

Last edited by jpchavez23; December 2, 2010, 03:56 PM.

Nice!

Comment

Very nice.....Those are some nice pigs!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Those are some fat trout anytime you wanna ride PM me....lol
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

nice fish!
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Fat Beauties! Nice report, as usual.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great going!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Man,
                Those were some football fat trout.Did you get them to eat a fly ?

Skiffstiff

Comment

Originally posted by SKIFFSTIFF View Post
                  Man,
                  Those were some football fat trout.Did you get them to eat a fly ?

Skiffstiff
                  Nope, I'm fly-rod-less. I broke another rod last week when I caught the marsh grass on a backcast. It happened at the most opportune time; I was just starting to see fish. I ended up have one of my best days sight fishing all year. Yesterday would have been an easy day to catch trout on the fly before the tide started ripping in. They were eating anything shrimp-sized.

Comment

Working...
                  X