Stolen dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen dog!

A friend of mine has a black lab named Gauge.The dog spends every weekend of the season with me and my Dad on the coast hunting.

Well Bryan lives on Coleto Creek Reservoir here in Victoria.They were at there private neighborhood park on Saturday when a Brown & Tan Ski Nautique pulled up with 4 Guys all around 20-25 years of age and 2 girls.They asked if there was a restroom there the girls could use and seemed to be good people.Bryan told them there are no restrooms here and told them they would have to return to the main park for the restrooms.So they all started talking and one guy got out of the boat and was throwing a stick for Gauge.He commented on gauge and could not believe how well he retrieved.They then left out in there boat towards the main park.Well Bryan and his family returned to the neighborhood park on Sunday with Gauge....He sleeps on the golf cart while the family goes out on the water and ski's....When they returned Gauge was gone.After talking to other people from the neighborhood they have a witness saying the same boat was there Sunday.They were seen pulling up and leaving back towards the main park.Gauge does not just run off we really think someone stole him from the Houston area.

All we know is that they were from the Houston area and one guys name is Ryan and another was TJ.. They were in a Brown & Tan Ski Nautique with Tribal Graphics.I have the park trying to get us info on who all camped there from the Houston area.They have no cameras at the park entrance.If we get a address someone will be receiving a visit.

If you have any information please PM me so I can get details to the owners.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I am not a angry person, but, I'd kill 'em for stealing my dog.
    How in the world can somebody steal a dog, arrrr pisses me off

Comment

Man that sucks, that's super low.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Call the cops, they take these things very seriously, and if the dog turns up at the pound they can call ya. Sick as it sounds, there are people who steal dogs and resell them.

Comment

I hope that dog bites them ....

One more reason to have your dog micro- chipped
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
            I hope that dog bites them ....

One more reason to have your dog micro- chipped
            Microchipping will only help if the dog is taken to the vet and then the chip ran...wouldn't it? Dog stealers are a POS for sure. I hope they get Gauge back!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

that's the lowest form of low right there. i just lost a dog and it totally sucks. to have one stolen really bites.
              m

Comment

Man that sucks, i hear of this stuff every year it seems like. Labs are one of God's gifts to man, and for anyone to steal them is an outrage.

I've heard horror stories on why people like to steal labs...and for what purpose...i hope that isn't the case here. I hope your friends finds his dog soon.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I would end up in county because I would kill anyone that took my dog. Glad he remembers some details, he needs to get on ski websites and post this as well.
                  Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Hope Gauge is returned safely and the thieves get what they deserve.
                    Proud supporter of Oak Ridge High School Athletics?

Comment

..." Bryan and his family returned to the neighborhood park on Sunday with Gauge....He sleeps on the golf cart while the family goes out on the water and ski's....When they returned Gauge was gone."...

When you have an expensive dog, it is foolish to leave it unattended. I had a dog stolen once but they had to cut the lock on the kennel to get her.

Good retreivers that have been professionally trained (or even well trained by their owners) represent about a $5,000 investment by the time they are in thier third year.

Good luck on getting the dog back.
                      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Anybody ever put a chip in their dog?

Comment

x2 on goin to jail for messin with the family...
                          Captain Glenn Stevens
                          Coastal Guide Service
                          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                            Anybody ever put a chip in their dog?

My last three dogs have had microchips. Prior to that they had lip or ear tattoos.

The emotional attachment to a dog, especially a good hunting dog, is stronger than the money invested in the dog.
                            Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Both my labs are chipped they are only scanned if they go to pound or if a vet feels the need to. They should make it mandatory to scan a dog at any vet / shelter etc it's very unfortunate... This is just a post I am passing along for someone on another site.
                              Last edited by WestEndAngler; May 22, 2010, 10:58 PM.
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X