Bolivar wading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolivar wading

My son is on Bolivar this weekend with his mom. He is looking for suggestions on where to wade. Not asking for anything overly specific. But any suggestions on where he should try wading there? Thank you.
    Team Rolling Thunder

He can try the flats next to the north jetty but its muddy. Id either fish anahuac wildlife refuge or Fort Travis flats around the old pier pilings. I was out in the boat today and the water around the north jetty was really green so he may wanna try there. If he's up for the hike id walk out to around the boat cut and fish for reds, sheepheads, and drum.

Comment

Also, my best suggestion for him is to go to academy on the island and buy a hook and line fishing map. Tells you a bunch of spots to walk in a Wade with road access and they're fairly cheap. Exploring is half the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by JWS View Post
        Also, my best suggestion for him is to go to academy on the island and buy a hook and line fishing map. Tells you a bunch of spots to walk in a Wade with road access and they're fairly cheap. Exploring is half the fun.
        Thanks for all the info. I will pass along!
        Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Hope your boy has a good time.

Comment

Comment

If he is fishing, he is having a good time. :-)
              Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Tell him to look for a bunch of old farts over there and ask them. They may give him a few tips. I use to always looks for the old guys that had all the gear and looked like they knew what they were doing. Usually if you were polite they would pass on some information even take you under the wing.
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  Tell him to look for a bunch of old farts over there and ask them. They may give him a few tips. I use to always looks for the old guys that had all the gear and looked like they knew what they were doing. Usually if you were polite they would pass on some information even take you under the wing.
                  Amen. Some our favorite times involve talking to the fishermen. I will remind him, thanks.
                  Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Working...
                  X