West bay on fly???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West bay on fly???

This is my first post and am a brand new member. I live in Florida and use mostly the long rod these days. However I work in Texas as a pilot driving the towboats and barges you may see from time to time. My question is I have a few classes coming up for re certification and will have some time In the area. Transitting through west bay I thought it looked like a decent area for trout and reds. Does anyone have any suggestions for a wader to fly fish the area? I would be willing to drive an hour from Baytown to fish, maybe more. I won't be here fishing long so your secrets are safe but only three days! Haha thanks for anything fellas.

For the long rod in the spring, try Dana cove, behind the state park, or Christmas Bay. Some reasonable shots at sight casting reds in either and trout out a little deeper. Good luck!
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Ditto on Galveston Is.St.Park & Christmas Bay for walk in Fly Fishing.There is no security at Christmas so do not leave any valuables in your truck if you fish there.

Skiffstiff

Comment

Working...
      X