Aransas Pass March 25. 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass March 25. 2011

I had the pleasure to fish 2 guys from the Humble area, who I met on Fishingtx.com. The day started out slow and the wind was 15 mph. We started fishing the flats near Hog Island throwing top waters, we had a few blow ups, but no hook ups. After a long drift we pulled and headed farther north, we switched from top waters to live shrimp under a cork and caught a few undersized reds and trout. One of the guys had told me he had never caught a keeper red, having caught under and over sized, so I told him maybe we could change that. He managed a nice 24 1/2'' red which made him very happy. After covering a lot of water and spooking fish, but not getting a bite we pulled up and headed south to a hole that had been holding some sheep head.
    Luck was with us, they were hungry. We caught several keepers but were catching 2 or 3 undersized to each keeper. Thanks guys for a great day on the water, and you proved all the guys on the site wrong by catching fish.Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0414 web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	568918Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0412 web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	568917
Working...
X