4/1 - Cold Pass, Christmas, Bastrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/1 - Cold Pass, Christmas, Bastrop

GOT SKUNKED! Went out to catch the outgoing tide late morning and couldnt get it done. Threw plastics, spoons, tops, etc. Only managed one undersize trout. Rough day.

That bay sucks, i never catch fish there.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I don't like it, I have neve caught a fish in xmas bay/drum bay... That whole end of the bay system sucks... Bastrop bayou is stacked plum full if you soak a mullet along the reefs at the drop off... At least that is what ole' GHSmacker told me... Go ahead GHSmacker tell him all about it Layith the Smack Down...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Eh I never just have incredible days but I usually take home a few fish. My personal best trout and flounder both came from Bastrop bayou.

Comment

Ya, Bastrop Bayou is THE least talked about hot spot on the upper Texas coast.

"First rule of Bastrop Bayou...no one talks about Bastrop Bayou."

That's how the locals keep it under wraps. A carolina rig, with a good sized mullet on the end kicking and swimming about are all you need in that glory hole.
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
          X