Succumbing to the Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succumbing to the Pressure

I was the only one in my office today. By noon, it got kinda lonely and I decided to head out early and enjoy the weekend. I went home and on a whim, decided to fish for a bit. I took Amber, one of my younger cousins. We were at my wading spot by 4. The wind had died somewhat and the sky was overcast. I was fishing in a protected area and there were gulls and pelicans diving 70+ yards from shore. There was bait flipping everywhere. While Amber was throwing out some live shrimp, I flipped out a bone super spook jr. and after a few casts I caught a dink trout. Then a bird crapped on me. We had a few good laughs over that at my expense. After a few more dink trout and working closer to the birds it finally turned on. Amber had a fish take her shrimp and break off. I had a few more missed blowups and I finally hit a 15'' trout. A few more casts (and missed blowups) I got a 17". Amber started catching small croakers and sand trouts as well as these gulf trouts mixed in. Then I hit a 20" and 25" red. Amber was pulling up more pan fish than I care to remember and her pint of shrimp was gone by 6:30. On the way back I made a cast towards the grass and after a few jerks, my spook was gone and my drag peeling. I figured I had another red. A few head shakes and line later, I pull to the surface a large trout. The biggest i've caught. Amber was trying to herd it in the net when the line got caught between those fangs and *snap* there goes my trout. Still haven't been able to net a sow yet. But it was still a good day. Happy Easter everyone!

P.S- That yellow fish in between the everything, what is it? Amber wanted to put it in her aquarium but our bubble box died on the way home.
    Attached Files
    Resident Ninja

sounds like getting crapped on wasn't all that bad nice report man!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sweet, Good report! Sounds like fun besides the part where you got crapped on.
      So the 4 trout you kept were between 15"-17" ? Not including the one that got away.
      "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Originally posted by RockFish11 View Post
        Sweet, Good report! Sounds like fun besides the part where you got crapped on.
        So the 4 trout you kept were between 15"-17" ? Not including the one that got away.
        The biggest was 19''-20"
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Sounds like a great day. Nice going taking your cousin out.

Comment

Awesome! Bird crap and all. Thanks for the report!!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice goin! Great couple of hours on the water; crap and all!
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Bird crap must bring good luck! LOL Way to go!
                Scott
                "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Nice fish and thanks for the report

Comment

Great report and catch!!
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

"P.S- That yellow fish in between the everything, what is it? Amber wanted to put it in her aquarium but our bubble box died on the way home."
                      It looks like a baby Jackfish

Comment

nice report!

Comment

nice report. that fish youre trying to id looks like a small jack crevalle.

Comment

Working...
                          X