west matty 3/21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west matty 3/21-22

it was a great weekend to be on the bay in matagorda......west bay anyway.
    we launched out of selkirk w/ the rumor that the locks were going to be closed. they were open all 4 times i passed them. anyway we started off in hell hole and julie picked up one slot red. moved down several miles and waded around phillips. nada. moved over towards middle grounds and around noon the bite turned on. i strung a 25 inch red and followed it w/ a 22inch spec. diana followed w/ 2 specs, a 20 and a 23. julie hit 2 more reds and another 22 inch spec. all on topwaters in about an hours time. the bite just died around 130. we had some major blow ups and really nice trout for west matty.
    sunday we returned to the same place. i caught another really great red on a pink skitterwalk. jason picked up a 22 inch red on a hot head. julie outdid herself catching 2 redfish on the same lure at the same time. one was about 21 and the other was about 19 inches on a pink top dog junior. she landed them both in a rather small wading net. i've never seen 2 reds caught on the same lure before. the split rings were torn up on the lure. she had a nice spec too. the glass minnows are showing up, but they're small. water 70 degrees. everything came on topwaters.
    michelle

Gotta luv that topwater bite!!! Thanks for the report Michelle. All the more reason I will be venturing into YOUR bay some more

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Dang...a double on a red, that must of been some kinda pull. I've only done it once, on a 22" and 17 " trout, and never thought I'd get it them to the boat.
      Mine also came on a TD jr, but in bone/chartreuse.

Good report...thanks!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

stay away from my bay pimp. i don't want you pot licking my spots.
        here's a few pics.
        diana and her trout and julie's two for one reds.
        michelle
        Attached Files

Comment

SALTWHAT PIMP'N errrrrrr POTLIK'N AIN'T EZ!!!!!! I'm there!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Nice catching ,Congrats to yall
            NK
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Way to go!!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report

Very cool on the redfish. That's the first i've ever heard of someone catching two reds at once on one lure.

Good to hear that the glass minnows are starting to show up. They'll be making some runs in our bay systems to the north very soon then.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

nice report and cool pics.

Comment

Nice job Michelle. I am going to get back out to Matty some day!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good "job" there Michelle. Id like to potlick that spot too if everybody else is.

Comment

Working...
                      X