5/25 pasadena police tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/25 pasadena police tourney

I got invited to fish with some policeman friends of mine from Deer Park and Pasadena for their annual tourney yesterday so with the howling southern winds and next to lowest coeffecient I was sure to let them down. We took off in the dark from the dike and headed into lower Gbay welcoming over spray with every swell. Having fished with these guys only once before im sure they were like "look at this guy" when I donned my rain gear and life jacket while still sitting on the dock . Well needless to say only my feet and face got wet on that brutal ride (shoulda taken the panga). Running tight to the shore as possible we made our way to our grind for the day but a last minute slick at one of my 'howling south' haunts caused too much of a distraction. Idle in, anchor out, lines out, THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Ok so its now 615-30 and we at least got our 5 trout to weigh in. Flip a coin and leave them to find some reds and hopefully some bigger specks. OF COURSE WE DIDNT CATCH ANOTHER TROUT ALL DAY. The reds we did find still had blue tails and of course there were the 2 trout that got away. Ill not go into detail but lets just say they were the kind that end up in your den for years to come. We fished several spots over the day with nothing else to show as mentioned but we ended up headin to weigh-in feeling halfway ok/slightly bummed about our 5 based on the conditions. Ended up with a plaque for our stringer, a new fishing pole, some t-shirts, a berkley spooling station, and some sunscreen. SO as it turned out not a bad day after all. I refuse to admit what our stringer of 5 actually weighed
    Andros Tarpon 26

Nice work & congrats! I just ordered that berkley spooling station last week sight unseen. I'm hoping it works well for spooling braid. Any thoughts on it yet?

Comment

Its still in the impossible to remove plastic shrink wrap plastic stuff that will likely send me to the ER trying to remove it. Im looking forward to the electronic line stripper it has. Im finally gunna have an electronic stripper
      Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

"Lectronic Strippers" don't give ya tatty bar remorse and don't hurt your wallet and credit cards like "Live Strippers"!!
        Plus they serve a different purpose, although similar in nature-both remove things.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by C4E View Post
          Its still in the impossible to remove plastic shrink wrap plastic stuff that will likely send me to the ER trying to remove it. Im looking forward to the electronic line stripper it has. Im finally gunna have an electronic stripper
          You'll love the stripper. I had one years ago when I was heavy into bass fishing. It pulls mono off with no issues, but if I remember right, it took a little longer to remove braid due to how slick it is & the fact that it tends to bury itself in the spool. Regardless, the stripper is good stuff. According to UPS, my station is "out for delivery".

Comment

Got the station in on Friday & put it to work Friday night. It's a cheap little setup, but it works surprisingly well. They could've spent a hair more in the design process & upped the cost a little by putting a built-in tensioner on it, but I'm happy with it. Overall, good product. I'd give it a 3.5-4 out of 5.

Comment

Could have been worse ... and all in all, sounds like a decent time....
              "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by agduckhunter View Post
                Got the station in on Friday & put it to work Friday night. It's a cheap little setup, but it works surprisingly well. They could've spent a hair more in the design process & upped the cost a little by putting a built-in tensioner on it, but I'm happy with it. Overall, good product. I'd give it a 3.5-4 out of 5.
                Yea i managed to get mine out of the packaging without needing stitches or super glue Monday night. Seems to be a useful product especially since it was free-ish.....now I just gotta teach the live in how to operate it
                Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Working...
                X