SLP6/6/11...outside & inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP6/6/11...outside & inside

Started out 30 minutes predawn and scored a nice fatty, then another. Looked like it was gonna be on....then I noticed that it wasn't trout following my blue chrome skitter but Mr Grey Suit instead...nothing big sto wasn't concerned too much then the mullet that were rafting in front of me were now getting thrashed. I've seen them get hammered before but normally it's not much of an issue but this was first gut and a big shark. You could see the water pushing off the back as he charged in and blasted the mullet...must of seen 5 mullet halved and floating in numero uno gut. I really wanted out on that second bar but for some reason my better judgement kept pulling me back..
    one more skitter trout and a little bleeder at that secured my decision to head to the inside Pass and safety of the knee deep water.
    So pulled up and moved which meant a long hike..I knew the tide would be incoming so I beelined for the drop where I'd had some luck before
    I have been catching a few flounder on soft plastics, and still had my cast net from casting up shad for last Saturdays offshore trip...so wth, I'm not proud, I'll chunk a mullet...and glad I did. I sat in one spot and caught roughly 10 flounder, and a couple of small reds. Probably one of the funnest days flat fishing I've ever had and it wasn't fall and it damn sure wasn't cold! Anyway, ended the day with 5 flats to 18"and 3 trout to 22".
    Wednesday we hit Brown Cedar by boat...hoping for some good stuff and no more graysuits but that is Gorda...so maybe I'll make sure and pack a longer stringer...and maybe a spare!
    Attached Files
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Awesome haul Monte, you suck!

Seeing that shark bust those mullet up must have been pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
      Awesome haul Monte, you suck!

Seeing that shark bust those mullet up must have been pretty cool.
      x2!
      Yeah it must have been pretty cool in a scary way!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good job!!

We were fishing the surf thurs and had a bleeding trout on the stringer when I hung a 2.5-3' shark...that ended that wade. After the recent shark bite, I'll risk not limiting out to stay whole.

Comment

Very nice Monte.....I caught 2 blacktips about 3 1/2' in one trip on tops last summer. May be out there in the am.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice flounder.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice fish!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks...they were behind i the guts too I just really dont like looking around seeing half eatin mullet carcasses ...of course the ones you see half eatin aren't the ones you're worried about!
                End of the weekend cleanup finished!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good read Monte thanks for the report. Good idea on the extra string. I carry 3 extras because I don't learn the first or the second. My stringers have been attacked so many times I lost count. I never felt threatened because I never herd the infamous JAWS music.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job,congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report, sounds like you had quite the morning.

Comment

That's an awesome report and even better looking stringer....
                        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Nice report, I always carry an extra stringer, I just forgot where I keep it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            Thanks...they were behind i the guts too I just really dont like looking around seeing half eatin mullet carcasses ...of course the ones you see half eatin aren't the ones you're worried about!
                            End of the weekend cleanup finished!
                            you should have stuck to the MOB plan just ask superspook, monday was on!!! I had to work
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Chazz1007 View Post
                              Great report, sounds like you had quite the morning.
                              always an adventure with monte
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X