Mediterranean Fish Fillets in Packets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediterranean Fish Fillets in Packets

1 Two snapper fillets , 4 ounce (I used trout and redfish)
    6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
    4 pitted black olives, halved
    2 cans artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and quartered
    1 garlic clove, slivered
    2 tsp lemon juice
    2 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 450ºF.

2.Tear off a 12-inch long piece of aluminum foil and place it on your work surface; lay a 12-inch piece of parchment paper on top. Place one fish fillet in the center of the paper; top with half the cherry tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and garlic. Add half the lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.

3.Bring the two long sides of the parchment paper and foil together over the fillet; fold and crimp closed, using the foil to crinkle the parchment paper closed. Crinkle the ends closed and fold underneath. Make sure the packet is completely sealed with no leaks or holes.

4.Repeat steps 2 and 3 with another sheet of foil and of parchment paper, the second fish fillet and the remaining ingredients.

5.Transfer both packets to a large baking sheet. Bake until hot and steaming, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before using a large spatula to transfer each packet to an individual serving plate. When serving, open carefully to avoid a burn from the steam inside; eat the fish and vegetables right out of the packets.

This is really good and different. Go heavy on the olives if you like saltier foods.

Sounds good and interesting way to cook fish...wouldn't mind mixing it up with different ingrediants too... Thanks for the recipe!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

sounds good.will try this when you....i mean i catch some more fish
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
      X