Time capsule post....... Houston sports post a day in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time capsule post....... Houston sports post a day in history

what a day in houston sports history ,the Astros have a fire sale with Pence out the door and Wandy rite behind him clearly in rebuild mode....And on the same day the Texans throw out millions of dollars on multiple players mostly defensive backs lets give it two years and we will ressurect this post and hope the Texans have made the playoffs and the astros are worth watching Change is good......
    MANVEL MOB

Yep! We have the Texans to fill the void until the Stros are done remodeling.
    Resident Ninja

Comment

That trade was the best thing that organization has done in a long time.Thank you Astros for showing Hunter Pence the respect he deserves.I know many people won't agree,but it was by far the best thing they could have done,to at least show they have a little heart.
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

I m spot on with Flapper...those who don't like trades like this are those who have no view of the future. Without doing these trades the astros would be cellar dwellers for the next ten years and there is ZERO in our system. Now if we just get Atlanta to let go of Minor and or Teheran! Bourne would look good in a Bravo uni if you ask me! Both McClouth and Capt Bad Attitude Jordan Schafer has been well below par...COME ON WADE! GET BOURNE TO ATL and GET US TEHERAN OR MINOR!
        sigpic

Comment

Wandy must go and just release lee and pay him to leave!!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
            Wandy must go and just release lee and pay him to leave!!
            Wandy should have been traded with Oswalts no wanting to play here arse, In the begging you told me when I said we have no pitching D? You said WE GOT WANDY ..... HA

It seems Cinci likes are guy's they always pik them up .
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Bourne traded...As posted above I like the Phili deal and think Chron writer Richie Justice was smoking crack when he criticized that deal. This one however does have me scratching my head. First, Jordan Schafer is a head case. Yall remember he was called up two years ago and started the season opening day as a 22 year old I think and HE MASHED and stole bases. Looked like te real deal but he is incredibly cocky and teammates didn't get a long. How can a young kid come onto a team with a future hall member in Chipper and be cocky? He goes back down and busted for 'roids. Nice. He has been up and down this year with more down. I have followed this kids career and he does have the potential to be a 5 tool star but my goodness his head is a 1 tool short bus riding empty sack.

Abreu is going to be a relier, that's it. Clemens MAY have upside but it's a long shot. Now to Oberholtzer. Long shot BUT the big lefty has shown some positive signs. Shouts have been writing that he hit 94 with his fastball but that's a lie...he's a 90 guy at tops with three pitches and working on a fourth. He;s young at 21 and has a shot. Of the pitchers we picked up he would be the top...I think he ranked in the top 10 of braves prospects...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                Wandy should have been traded with Oswalts no wanting to play here arse, In the begging you told me when I said we have no pitching D? You said WE GOT WANDY ..... HA

It seems Cinci likes are guy's they always pik them up .
                Wandy is pitching fine where do you get your stats from??????? the only reason he was not traded is because he has a 15 million dollar price tag along with him!! check your facts before spouting off!! and cinci wasnt even involved!!! wheres this info coming from?? are the sports guys in new awlins selling you a hog???
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                  Wandy is pitching fine where do you get your stats from??????? the only reason he was not traded is because he has a 15 million dollar price tag along with him!! check your facts before spouting off!! and cinci wasnt even involved!!! wheres this info coming from?? are the sports guys in new awlins selling you a hog???

he got some bad crack!

Comment

Wandy has NOT panned out well this year. I thought I saw more in him. As for the Bourn trade, I think Wade let himself get HOSED on that one. He did ok on the Pence trade, but the Bourn trade should get him scooted right out the door. He needs to bend over and kiss his butt goodbye. I do think they did the right thing by trading both of them. This is the same as when I said a few years ago that they should trade Berkman and Ozwalt, oh and everyone came down on me so hard. Oh, a Cardinals fan would want them to get traded. LOL! Like I don't know anything about baseball. They finally ended up dealing them when they couldn't get as much for them. Some teams in MLB are THERE. Some need one or 2 players to be THERE. Some are on the way, some are just starting out. The Astros are in the driveway looking for their keys. And I'll tell you, Ed Wade is not the one who should be driving when they do find them.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                    X