Boat paint refinishing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat paint refinishing....

Does anyone know anything about repainting/restoring paint on a boat and who does it. Also want the deck redone!....alittle help please.
    Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
    John Wayne.

Most boats are gelcoated with polyester or epoxy resin during manufacture, not painted. They can be sanded and re-gelcoated, but it's not a do-it-yourself job. A hull can also be painted with marine paint. There are many websites that deal with how-to's of restoring a boat, including cutting out the rotten wood in a floor and replacing it..
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

i have some huge gouges in the side from where the idiot that had it before me didnt know how to load a boat and scarred the side. So its going to have to be repainted.
      John Wayne.

Comment

Of course you have to fix and damage first. I'd use Marine Tex, then sand the hull and paint.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I just want someone to do it, sometimes i dont feel like messing with something ill just pay for it.
          John Wayne.

Comment

I fix my scratches with marine tex-the hull is white, so I fill in the scratches then put tape over them to make smooth-works decent enough but my boat is over 20 y.o. (Robalo), so it should have some dings and scratches.

deck work-ya need a good glasser. I had transom replaced by Mike Gilley at Gulf Coast Boats-he did a fine job on it but he used to live close by my brother in Sea Isle and knew the boat. Not sure if he does that for all folks, but worth a try-they build the Gulf Coast Boats over there in Stinkadena area.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I did mine myself and it wasn't too bad. You may want to try a guy that goes by "George In Pearland" on 2cool. I have had him do some other work for me. Nice guy and a fair price. He is located off of C.R.99 at C.R.100 In the old Hills Fiberglass Shop
              Gande' Member

Comment

I had Adrian work on mine a couple of years ago and I was impressed that he could make my old wore out boat look new again!
                he is in Dickinson, Adrians fiberglass 832-297-9888.
                also heard good things about George in pearland.
                fish caller

Comment

Working...
                X