Thursday night 3 man limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday night 3 man limits

went out on the windy west bay lastnight for some gigging. 3 hours later we were headed back home with our limits
    Attached Files

Nice!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

What's up with all those body shots? LOL
        Good job, did you happen to measure the longest one, any trophys?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

They are green florescent light.

No trophies, the longest one was right at 20 inches. We saw tons and tons of 14 inch and less. There was no time for shot placemen we were cursing at 5+ knots whiles gigging. We only have one prong on the gig as well.

Comment

nice stabbing

Comment

Excellent job, guys!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I noticed the all thread but I've always been reluctant to try it but it obviously does the job.
                Tell me the truth...do they ever get of the all thread. I lose a one or two it seems every trip on the 3 prong gig head. This I think is due to a late and bad body shot and trying to sweep the fish up and over the gunnel before drifting to far away and letting the water pressure pull the fish off. I can almost tell as soon as I make this type of hit if its going to turn out bad or not.
                If the fish is really big I will jump out of the boat like a wild man all Tarzan like and let the co-pilot swing back to pick me up.
                Big ones always stay pinned until I can get a hand under because I be damned to loose a trophy that way.
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Nice going guys.

Comment

Nice fish, but sure waste some meat hitting them in the body. Never was one for that - my father, May God keep him close, taught me and others to gig in the head or let it go. Cutting out sand, mud and shell is wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by single prong View Post
                      Nice fish, but sure waste some meat hitting them in the body. Never was one for that - my father, May God keep him close, taught me and others to gig in the head or let it go. Cutting out sand, mud and shell is wasteful.
                      You can gig your way and Ill continue to gig my way. When I do have a body shot I will cut out and waste the penny size amount of meat that is damaged. Im ok with that, im sure there is more meat wasted by others when they are cleaning the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                        Sand is good for the digestive tract . So ya'll are saying you don't use the heads in soup ? Now that's just as wasteful . That's like cleaning a wild pig and thowing away the ears .
                        We use the heads for soup! Some of the best tasting soup, especially on rainy days! We put the fish guts and scales in the garden as fertilizer.
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Flounder Fish Head Soup has a nice ring to it.

Comment

you can have my share of flounder head soup and wild pig ears. i usually waste the entire wild little piggies anyway and let something else have them.

and i never cut out any meat from a body shot and have never even noticed.
                            Last edited by JT; August 9, 2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

I don't cut it out, I just rinse it well but sometimes, even then it can get a little gritty.
                              Some one please post a recipe for the Flounder Fish Head Soup, sounds delectable.

Comment

Working...
                              X