The Angler's Roost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angler's Roost?

Anyone know anything about them trying to order a reel from them. Ordered it early yesterday got a response email telling me they will contact me for payment shortly and never received another email.

This is the reel I was looking at getting by the way.

never heard of them... $50 for a fly reel seems CHEAP! I think Academy sells better reels...

I would personally cancel my order & go take a look at BassPro or FTU but that's just my $0.02
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well, here's their number... call 'em up...

Whatever you need, contact me:

Angler’s Roost
      5820 Main Street, Suite 502
      Williamsville, NY 14221
      Tel: 716-565-9838 Fax: 716-565-9838
      Email:*jksanglersroost@aol.com
      Website Store:*http://stores.shop.ebay.com/JKS-Angl...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Best Regards

Comment

I was going to call but I will give him a few days if no response I will find a different one.

Comment

It is cheep but I was told to spend more on the pole and I could do ok with a cheep reel. Is to cheep?

Comment

Originally posted by travis12 View Post
            It is cheep but I was told to spend more on the pole and I could do ok with a cheep reel. Is to cheep?
            I would be cautious I mean cheap is cheap but is cheap always good? Will you have to buy another one after it gets wet? etc.

I have had a few reels lock up on me. Just take good care of it. Well for $50 you can throw it in the back of your truck bed

Comment

Received the reel today I like it the drag is nice and the quality looks as good as other reels that I have used that are much more expensive. We will see how it holds up.
              I had Andy at FTU spool up 250yd of backing and 100ft of Mastery Series Redfish $100 worth of line on a $60 reel.
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks incredible for a $59 reel. The test will be how well the drag system works and how it holds up to some use.

Did Andy have any comments about the reel?
                Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                and
                Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

It's been a long time walker not sure if you remember me from flying RC helicopters at NASA. Yes Andy said it was a great deal and the drag hopefully will get the test soon.

Comment

I wondered if you were that Travis! Hell yes I remember. We need to get out together and throw some flies.
                    Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                    and
                    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Let us know how it works out.

Comment

That would be great walker. I happend to find you on TKF the other day the house in the Caribbean is amazing. The how-to on the spoon fly is great i plan on purchasing a vise and that fly will be the first I try.

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        I wondered if you were that Travis! Hell yes I remember. We need to get out together and throw some flies.

Comment

Working...
                        X