Today's Wade Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Wade Video

Sorry for the bad angle. I missed every single blow-up! It is the first time I tried this and I forgot to take into consideration the hat and the strap. Next video will be much better! Tell me what you think!

Resident Ninja

Video was cool! I like the helmet cam. If you get the angle right, your gonna have some awesome footage. Good job editing, too. iMovie '09?

I have been into self-filming hunts for a couple years now. I don't have $$$ for all the expensive toys, so I jerry rig everything and it is more fun that way. I have a small video camera and I have a mount to put it on my bow or my shotgun. Turns out some pretty cool footage, but usually kind of shaky. I devised a tiny camo tripod that I can cling to the rail of my tree stand or a near by branch if I'm stalking. Makes the video quality much better, but much harder to film. You can't aim the camera and the gun at the same time that way, so you have to pick a spot your gonna shoot and set the camera up on it, then draw back on your weapon. Needless to say the animals don't always cooperate and stick to my nice clean shooting lanes, ha ha. Still is a bunch of fun. I MIGHT have the chance to tag along with my dad on an ELK hunt this fall and video him. I would really enjoy being able to just focus on filming, and turn out a nice product.

I have a waterproof camera that shoots video. We should hook up sometime and I can film you catching fish and you can film me getting wet (cause lets face it, your ninja skills are far superior) and between the two we could probably put out a really cool video. It always helps to have multiple angles to cut to.

Comment

For sure! Surprisingly, I shot all this video on one battery! And I had it on every second I was in the water. Actually, I just used Windows Movie Maker. It's simple and effective. Plus, I took a course a few years back to help me master excel and other Windows programs and I learned some neat tricks with WMM. That last fish would have been great if I could've gotten the blow up.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Jhua,
        Picture quality looks great. Up close and distant are both in focus. Once you get the angle set you should get some nice video. Good job.

Comment

Thanks! I can't wait to try it again!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

I have never used WMM before. The text fly-ins just looked like some of the ones on the previous version of iMovie. I've seen those helmet cams, but never used one. Do they have an internal rechargeable battery? Or do you put energizers or something in them?

Comment

It has a removable internal battery. I forgot the model name.
              Resident Ninja

Comment

Have y'all seen those video camera sunglasses? My brother in law bought some and they are awesome the picture quality is amazing. Only a 120$ I think.

Comment

Originally posted by CKRIGAR View Post
                  Have y'all seen those video camera sunglasses? My brother in law bought some and they are awesome the picture quality is amazing. Only a 120$ I think.
                  I wanted a camera so I can record while skiing as well. I thought about the glasses but I wear goggles when I ski.
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

just wondering "J", was that a flying fish that you caught. saw him going one way, then the other. can't wait to see the next video. you'll master that too. Lord Bless.
                    robert
                    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X