best battery for floundering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best battery for floundering

My buddy is rigging a new flounder light system, what is the best battery to use.

What kind of lights are you talking about? The hand held type you walk with or a set of lights mounted to the boat.

Comment

hand held

Comment

12V deer feeder battery from academy...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Coe,

What do you use to carry your battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
              Coe,

What do you use to carry your battery.
              1. O&H Mfg - Flounder Gigging Light

2. Flounder Gig - 48" long wooden, with some tennis racquet tape for grip

3. 12V Deer Feeder battery - Good idea to get a charger too

4. Wade belt / Fanny Pack to hold Battery (you can also extend the wires into a backpack)

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hey Coe what is the wattage on that light??

Comment

I use a backpack

Comment

westEnder gave u the best information for a fast set up and that what I use. You do not haveto spent a lot of money on your sett up

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
                      My buddy is rigging a new flounder light system, what is the best battery to use.
                      Mine is a 12volt out of a forklift or something. Its about 18" long.

Comment

She anit no punk Short post thr photo i sent you i deleted it... Go Big or Go Home

Comment

I agree on not spending a lot. I use a car battery and pull it behind me on a piece of foam. Made my own lights out of 55 watt fog lights bought at any auto parts store. Little silicone on all the fittings and around the lenses and there you have lights. I mounted them on an old weedeater shaft ran my wires through the inside of the shaft with a couple of alligator clips to the batt. Have had great success over the past couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Miles View Post
                            I agree on not spending a lot. I use a car battery and pull it behind me on a piece of foam. Made my own lights out of 55 watt fog lights bought at any auto parts store. Little silicone on all the fittings and around the lenses and there you have lights. I mounted them on an old weedeater shaft ran my wires through the inside of the shaft with a couple of alligator clips to the batt. Have had great success over the past couple of weeks.
                            Sounds to me like you've got some Cajun blood in you.
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nah just smart with my $. Gotta be these days my friend. If I don't no one else will. Big gel batteries out of tractors work well but heavy.

Comment

Working...
                              X