Key West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key West

We spent 2 days down there and it is gorgeous. Weather was perfect and it could have only been better if the fishing was better. We fished Monday on the reef then Tuesday trolling for bigger fish. We sucked down a few suds and spent a lot of time relaxing.

Monday we anchored on the bar just outside the reef and fished with mostly cut bait. We also dropped down some live yellow tail that we caught to try to rouse a shark but couldn't get one to bite. We had several cut off on live Ballyhoo that were probably big Cudas. We did see a few cruising around us and had 1 big shark chasing one of the yellow tail that I caught.
    The first day we caught Yellow Tail, Grunts, Mackerel, Strawberry Grouper, a Barracuda (46"), 1 Ling, a Slippery Dick, etc. They guys caught a lot of fish so it was a lot of fun.
    The second day we trolled weedlines in 180' -500' and caught Dorado, Bonito, Barracudas, Skipjack Dolphin. It was very slow from what they said but we had fun. The crew said the fish had probably been gorging with the massive amount of bait present and they didn't want to feed much.

When we got back the first day there were hundreds of tarpon swimming around the docks.....Very Cool

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

WTG Chip nice pics.

Comment

Cool trip!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sounds great Chip. Fish the dock!! I bet ya aint allowed to.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Those yellowtails are delicious. Pretty much all along the keys tarpon will gang up at the docks to get a free meal. The most famous one is "Robbies" in Islamorada. It's crazy how many 150# + tarpon are there everyday just swimming around waiting to be fed.

Comment

Wow, Chip! Looks like you had fun anyway!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sweet! Great to see you got away and enjoyed yourself!
              Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

We did take all the fish down to Conch Republic on Monday and them cooked up for us. It was a cool trip. Those Tarpon were everywhere along the docks and they won't let you fish for them there. Would have loved to do some tapon fishing or bonefish but the guys I was with were not very experienced and would not have enjoyed that as much.....Next time!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Cool trip,thanks for sharing
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome home, fishing is fishing, glad you had a great time on different waters

Comment

Looks like you had a good time!
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Very Nice! The yellowtails are delicious !
                        Nice dorado too
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                        X