Saturday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night

I was on babysitting duty Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night.

Once the wife returned, I went and pick up big g at the air port and headed for the boat ramp.

We were in the water at 1:00AM. I guess this post should be called Sunday Morning now that I think of it.

The first 2 hours were absolutrly fruitless. I had a feeling we were skimming over many other peoples left overs. Finally the wind shifted directions and allowed us to vistit old faithfull. In the next hour we gigged nine fish, no monsters yet. We passed several 15" to 16" looking for a nice one and finally found it. The water was crystal clear and the bottom was very hard which made the fish look like it was in 3D since it couldnt bury up.

One quick stick to the head and it was lights out.

The largest fish measured a shade over 23". For some reason we have not been able to break the 23" barrier on the smokin flatties.

The holding power of 2 little ol pieces of 1/2" alltread never ceases to amaze me.
    Attached Files

Beauty flattie and nice crew!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great pics! I got the goose egg in that W/SW wind Sat nite, guess I gave up too early!

Comment

Nice flattie!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Very nice one....I love my allthread double prongs!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good going. The big one is really nice !!

Comment

Nice outing. Looks like you have a good crew.

Comment

Way to be but don't feel bad about not breaking the 23" mark. I still haven't taken one over 22" but riders in my boat have taken a 23 and 24.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                X