Fridat night gigging 10-21-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridat night gigging 10-21-2011

Slow night. Got there and the tide was out and just starting to come in. Only picked up one keeper at 16". I did see 8 that were too small and a 14 1/2 I passed on. The highlight of the night was an empty bed I came across. It was huge. My gig has a mark at 25" and I layed it on top of the bed and it was an easy 28" long. I probably would have passed on that one if she was there..... now that I am older. When I was younger. 1975 to 1985 I gigged 4 that were 27 to 28. Things were different back then.
    Attached Files

Good idea marking the gig like that.

That is self control!

I get excited when we get a 19". I come unglued when they get in the 20's.

Comment

The 25" mark is for summer when the Star Tourney is on. I wear a wading belt and carry a rod and bag of curly tail Gulps in case the miracle happens and I see a monster. Of coarse that never happens. Since the mid 1980's the biggest has been 23. The large bed I spotted last night was right next to a deep gut.

BTW....Hopefully I will have my boat ready sometime and can get to more spots. I hurt my back last November and that has put most things on hold. No money coming in and restictions on how much I can lift really sucks. I bought a bare hull and have been slowly rigging it out. 18 foot X 96" beam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SEA ARK BARE HULL REAR.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.68 MB
ID:	555774Click image for larger version

Name:	SeaArk.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	555775

Comment

You will be nice and comfy in that boat. Mine is 16'X6'. It floats super shallow and even does well with 3 people, but there is not much room for anything else.

Looks like you are gonna have the best of both worlds

Comment

Working...
        X