1000 th post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 th post

I got a call Monday evening from my friend Capt John Havens for an invite for me an a friend of ours Dennis also known as (Big DS) on west end, To go check out Lake Sabine in the morning, it was last minute and I had to pass on the last invite so I did not want to miss out this time. We got to the ramp around 9:15 and started are first wade by 9:30
    John said it was going to be a grind today and the plan was to wade 3 or 4 spots during the day and pick the best one for the evening bite, well we caught fish at every spot we fished and around 4 o’clock we went back to the one that produced the best. From 4:30 till dark it was like someone turned on the fish switch it was non stop action. We caught and released about 30 to 40 trout and a few reds. The big fish of the day went to John with a nice 27” trout; it was released along with a few other fish in the 24 to 25” range.
    All fish were caught in 4 to 6 ‘of water over soft mud with a falling tide and the wind was about 10 to 12 most of the day. We used Corkys and sand eels most of the day.
    Attached Files

Wow, Jerry! That is a nice pig! Congrats to Capt Havens!
    Great photo as well!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I forgot to congratulate you on a great 1k post! Nice job!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Impressive haul! John can really put his customers on the fish! No stranger to the big trout leader boards either!

Congrats on 1K Posts!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Capt. Havens knows how to get'em. He is always on some good fish and I recommend anyone looking for a Trophy to give him a call.....

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great fishin Jerry!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice catch! Congrats on the 1,000th post!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Nice 1000th post Jerry! Sounds like an awesome day!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Capt john heavens

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  nice 1000th post jerry! Sounds like an awesome day!
                  not only is he a great guide but also a real nice guy great report jerry

Comment

Working...
                  X