Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lapse in Judgement

Relatively speaking, it's not that bad.

So in my frenzy during Black Friday and everything, I purchased two Shimano Caius 200's. When I got them, I was thinking, "why do I even need these?" I don't even use baitcasters. I think my train of thought at the time was for me to breach that barrier with these reels. I also have a Curado 200E7 laying around somewhere. Anywho, anyone have any experience with the Caius? should I give it a whirl and take the loss (or gain), or should I just ship it back and return it?
    Resident Ninja

It's like riding a bike J!Just start throwing them......trust me you won't go back.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

They ain't worth a hoot. Send the e7 to me since you wont be needing it.

Comment

Yea send me that e7 you wont enjoy it at all
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

throw em shimanos rule and I would not be caught with an egg beater!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I like spinners but I can't throw them worth a darn! There's quite a learning curve with baitcasters. It took me half a year to make a decent cast without backlashing. Now I can do it every other cast! One more reason I switched to braid. It's a lot easier to pick out the birds nests.
            I picked up a 50e and a H2O Mettle to check out. I'm looking forward to trying them out!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

you wont regret learning how to use a baitcast. theres something magical about the feel of one in your hand. i feel like im a lot more accurate with one and can throw one farther. you will love it. just dont get discouraged if you dont get it one your first cast. takes a little practice but totally worth it.

Comment

As baitcasters go, those are pretty much top of the line. Once you get it dialed in, you won't have much backlash trouble with them. I reckon you already bought them, so why not keep them. Spool one up and stow the other for the future. I figure once you try the Calais, you'll want to sell the Curado. Baitcasters have their place. They're at their best when drifting and wading. Otherwise, spinners are more versatile, despite what the bass fishermen here say. I can't even afford one Calais, so mozeltov and enjoy. I have one baitcaster and I use it every once in a while when drifting. The best fishermen I know use both to their advantage in different situations.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

he isn't talking about the calais coach. shimano came out with a baitcaster thats under the citica called caius.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                    I use the Cyalis and it works real good.

Me too!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Take it back the suck stick to the coffee grinders... Or the Zebco 202... Whatever you use...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        he isn't talking about the calais coach. shimano came out with a baitcaster thats under the citica called caius.

LMAO....reading comprehension 101!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well, with the preponerance of misspelling here, I should be easily forgiven for my faux pas.

I have a Citica, and I still stand by what I said. The biggest problem with baitcasters is the high maintenance. If they were women, they'd be Veronicas, not Betties.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                            I use the Cyalis and it works real good.
                            I'm sorry for your...um... problem

Dang it! The Caius is made in Malaysia! GAHHH
                            Resident Ninja

Comment

For all around, baitcasting is the way to go. However, as Coach says, there's a place and time for spinning as well. I use spinning around docks, pilings, etc...... or when friends fish with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X