New Brown Broken-Back Lure Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brown Broken-Back Lure Review

I ordered a couple of the new Brown lures and have my doubts they're the same ones Paul Brown makes and sells through the guide in Louisiana. Anyone know?
    I have a few observations about the Brown the younger lure.
    When I took it out of the package I noticed it has very large split rings and heavy arse #1 or #2 treble hooks. I took it next door to the saltwater pool and made some casts. The first thing I saw was that it sinks pretty fast, about like a 52Mirrolure. It also sinks tail first in a vertical position, which I don't like.
    When you work it, it seems to have very little action, a lot less than I had anticipated.
    I went back home and swapped the back hook and split ring for a smaller ring and #4 hook. During this operation, I found that the split ring is too big to go through the tail hook attachment, so it sits on the single wire, a good way to lose a big trout.
    Now back to the pool where I made some more casts. It still drops tail first, but slower and a little more horizontal. I guess the proofs in the pudding and maybe it's a fish catching machine! We'll see.......
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

brown lures, Paul brown Originals AKA Mirrolure, and the broken backs are all seperate now. Mirrolure has the original,fatboy and devil the brown lures are Pauls grandkids Jason and Jake and the broken backs Pauls newer stuff he is tinkering with/ catchin the $#@%^! out of big trout

Comment

Paul makes and still makes the original broken back. His grand kids broken backs are China knockoffs.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That's what I figured. You have to minimum order a $100. worth of Paul's lures to get them from Bruce. I just want one to try!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
          That's what I figured. You have to minimum order a $100. worth of Paul's lures to get them from Bruce. I just want one to try!
          ......Kenny, I have some if you are interested. I'm still trying to work them out, DPOP got it down.

Comment

Yes Steve_A is right DPop has got the broke back mountain fatboy down to the sience... LMAO and yes it is a fish catching machine...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

choked on a broken back

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                I ordered a couple of the new Brown lures and have my doubts they're the same ones Paul Brown makes and sells through the guide in Louisiana. Anyone know?
                I have a few observations about the Brown the younger lure.
                When I took it out of the package I noticed it has very large split rings and heavy arse #1 or #2 treble hooks. I took it next door to the saltwater pool and made some casts. The first thing I saw was that it sinks pretty fast, about like a 52Mirrolure. It also sinks tail first in a vertical position, which I don't like.
                When you work it, it seems to have very little action, a lot less than I had anticipated.
                I went back home and swapped the back hook and split ring for a smaller ring and #4 hook. During this operation, I found that the split ring is too big to go through the tail hook attachment, so it sits on the single wire, a good way to lose a big trout.
                Now back to the pool where I made some more casts. It still drops tail first, but slower and a little more horizontal. I guess the proofs in the pudding and maybe it's a fish catching machine! We'll see.......
                Kenny,
                RE: sinking vertical...

Went wading yesterday and tried a new fatboy floater from FTU. It does the same thing you were talking about. It stays in the top water column for a couple seconds then sinks tail first. It has to be the design because I use a norton quick clip on the nose.

Comment

The Fatboy always sinks tail first. The brown lure sinks like a rock! The Corky original will sink horizontally perfectly.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

What is the contact information for the guy in Louisiana that you can get the PB from
                    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I would buy a darn thing from the Brown kids....

PM Cajunwader on the other place he has THE REAL THING.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                        I would buy a darn thing from the Brown kids....

PM Cajunwader on the other place he has THE REAL THING.
                        Sorry, I meant WOULD NOT

Comment

I garrunteee you Sneekypete got his !
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I Like My Females, Fat and Flat..

Comment

Thanks.
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X