468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing in a Tournament next month - need some feedback on where we should fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in a Tournament next month - need some feedback on where we should fish?

FWE Anglers, my father in law and I are fishing in a Shiner Hospital tournament May 16th in Matagorda and I am not to familiar with that area, so does anyone have some good spots we should try?

BTW, if you are interested in being in the tournament, let me know and I will pass on the information. It is for a great cause!
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Shiner Hospital......Is that for Shiner alcoholics? I want in!
    No idea on Matty man. I have only been down there once. Good Luck!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Did I spell it wrong????? I hope not, because I would feel bad.

As for you not fishing that area, no problem.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Is it Shriner? or Shiner? I think Chip's thinking Shriner?
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

http://www.matagordabay.com/tourname...0entryform.pdf..... I'm planning on fishing it too.

Comment

Steve, that is it! My father in law is a Shrine Clown (for fun, not a full time job) and this tournament helps raise money for the orthropedtic hospital in the medical center. Hope to see you there.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

that's a good tournament to fish and raises money for some good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                Steve, that is it! My father in law is a Shrine Clown (for fun, not a full time job) and this tournament helps raise money for the orthropedtic hospital in the medical center. Hope to see you there.
                How come I didn't hear of this...my wife works in the OR/surgical dept there???
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

FWE Anglers, my father in law and I are fishing in a Shiner Hospital tournament May 16th in Matagorda and I am not to familiar with that area, so does anyone have some good spots we should try?

BTW, if you are interested in being in the tournament, let me know and I will pass on the information. It is for a great cause!
                  Hey Explorer My coach sneekypete knows that place like the back of his hand,maybe we can hook up with yall and take you to some areas ,i will let you know when we are going next.
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Not sure, but maybe they do not announce it at the hospital. I was there on Christmas day and there was only 1 kid that did not get a chance to go home, so my father in law was Santa and I was his elf (6'6" elf, you should have seen it).

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    How come I didn't hear of this...my wife works in the OR/surgical dept there???
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Lurefisher, that would be great. If anything, I could PM sneekypete and maybe he can give me some advice.

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                      Hey Explorer My coach sneekypete knows that place like the back of his hand,maybe we can hook up with yall and take you to some areas ,i will let you know when we are going next.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Hey,Explorer21,I can go any day this week after work....meet at the public boat ramp in Sargent around 4:30...I brought my boat back from Matagorda and have it at the house so I'll launch our of sargent....we can be looking for fish by 5pm...fish till dark...

Lurefisher, that would be great. If anything, I could PM sneekypete and maybe he can give me some advice.

Comment

Thanks Sneekypete, I might take you up on our offer if I can get away from work. I got your PM as well.
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Not sure, but maybe they do not announce it at the hospital. I was there on Christmas day and there was only 1 kid that did not get a chance to go home, so my father in law was Santa and I was his elf (6'6" elf, you should have seen it).
                            Thats cool...Shriners are some good people! Shame their funding has dropped to levels that they are having to close hospitals and all. if I wasn't working nights I'd be all over it. When it gets closer give me a shout and I'll make a call and get a report for you, or give you a first hand one because I'm off that week before.
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thanks Flatoutfishin and yes it is a shame that they don't get bail out money like the banks who created this mess.
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X