Night Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Fishing

Me and buddy are thinking about going out tomorrow night in the boat to fish lights and canals anywhere from Pirates towards San Luis pass. Any suggestions on what areas been holding fish at night. I always launched at Pirates and went to the canals around there but didnt know if going farther down like around Sea Isle would be better.

Any suggestions let me know

According to Coe, Jamicia Beach is a good spot. I saw a few guys in boats in Terramar, where we have a house. I caught a 23" 6lb red last Thursday night and the wife caught an 18" red on Friday under the lights. I am picking up some underwater lights on my way to the island tomorrow and plan on fishing them.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks Explorer21, looks like the surf is out for the weekend so we figured we try the night time bite. Hopefully the mosquitos wont be too bad. Good luck down there this weekend and let us know how the new lights work

Comment

Originally posted by CarolinaSkiffin View Post
        Hopefully the mosquitos wont be too bad.
        They have been out in full force lately. I saw I few that I falsely identified as hummingbirds. They dam near carried off my dog.

Comment

The mosquitos were not bad in Terramar last weekend, but that might have changed with the recent rains.

I also just got word from a resident in Terramar that our canal is full of dead shad, not sure what the heck that is all about!

If we caught some fish under the lights, I will post it on the cove and under the lights section of the forum.

Good luck and be safe out there.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I think he is referring to the dead menhaden... you sure its shad? I told you about the die off!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Me and buddy are thinking about going out tomorrow night in the boat to fish lights and canals anywhere from Pirates towards San Luis pass. Any suggestions on what areas been holding fish at night. I always launched at Pirates and went to the canals around there but didnt know if going farther down like around Sea Isle would be better.

Any suggestions let me know
              I would launch at Pirates the launch is operational.

There are a alot of new lights on

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                They have been out in full force lately. I saw I few that I falsely identified as hummingbirds. They dam near carried off my dog.
                Time for my summer cologne! Off Deep Woods

Comment

She said Shad, but more then likely she does not know the difference.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We are gonna head out a little before dark and I think launch out of Pirates and work our way down towards the pass. I will post pics and report tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck out there and be safe.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

We are gonna head out a little before dark and I think launch out of Pirates and work our way down towards the pass. I will post pics and report tomorrow.
                        Good luck! AP tore 'em up around the Pass few days ago!

Comment

Working...
                        X