Lucky Waders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Waders?

One August night about three years ago my son and I spent the night fishing for reds with our boat anchored on the North side of Confederate Reef. About 3:00 in the morning a boat came to the reef and anchored on the South side of the reef about 125 yards out. I could see the silhouette of the boat and it looked to be about 21' with a raised bow like a Tran. As I remember it three guys got out of the boat and started wading toward the old canal and toward the reef. I thought to myself, there goes some real fishermen. They were soon out of sight. About 30 minutes later I saw the running lights of a boat coming from the direction of SLP heading directly toward the waders. Because the boat never flashed a spotlight I thought he had to be following a GPS trail and I wondered if he would run aground on the reef and if he would hit one of the waders. The boat must have been a tunnel hull and had a path through the reef because he never slowed down and I never saw anyone flash a light. The boat continued on and must have intersected the old canal just before reaching South Deer Island. I have always wondered how close the boat came to the waders.

Bonito

Is this a hangover story or weed smoking story?

Comment

Scary sheet!!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
        Is this a hangover story or weed smoking story?
        from the voice of experience!!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

If you're out in a kayak in the dark, you're required to have a light that can be seen from all 360 degrees. If everyone did that, it would be safer in the bay.

Comment

That same guy in pats pass was kind enough to blind me repeatedly with a q-beam when I came through. I finally had to yell at him that I saw him. he didn't have anyone in the water yet when I passed.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Night fishing from a boat or wading the open water is pretty extreme imo. I'm sure people do it. I'll wade off in a cove now and then before daylight but I'm happy to see the sun come up. As prior mentioned scary sheet.

Comment

I keep a streamlight stinger with me and a 7dollar flashing red light on the aft end of the yac and one of those construction worker vests at academy cheap nite time insurance!
                West Bay Sensai...

Comment

True story

Comment

People on ludes should not be wade fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by overloaded View Post
                      People on ludes should not be wade fishing!
                      Ludes? Did this happen in the 80'S. LOL

Comment

No, about three years ago

Comment

When I wade at night I like to wear my kids fireman hat with the red light-up beacon on top. It even has a button to push button to make a siren sound.

The way I figure it is I can pull over potlickers and issue a ticket later in the day ...
                          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                            When I wade at night I like to wear my kids fireman hat with the red light-up beacon on top. It even has a button to push button to make a siren sound.

The way I figure it is I can pull over potlickers and issue a ticket later in the day ...
                            The fish po-lice,holdin down a brother potlicker !
                            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by svs View Post
                              Ludes? Did this happen in the 80'S. LOL
                              LOL
                              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X