Surf Report - 5/26/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Report - 5/26/09

Started out on a groin on the sea wall. South winds stirred the water badly on the sea wall. didn't see much bait and no fish caught.

Moved to slp @ 9. Clarity was fair, sandy but clearer. Caught 2 trout @ 19 and a 20" blacktip. Waves were tolerable but current was very swift. No more bites after 11.

Moved to water tower access to find slower currents but no bites.

If your headin out... slp is your best bet in the morning...

all caught with fins

Thanks for sharing. When you say "fins", do you mean fin fish as bait?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
      Thanks for sharing. When you say "fins", do you mean fin fish as bait?
      yes... live bait.. the kind with fins

Comment

Thanks for report.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Does anyone know what the surf looks like today? I was thinking of playin hooky either tomorrow or Friday and heading down there.

Too bad I wasn't in town over the weekend, I guess when I'm out of town or at the ranch, the surf is always right, never fails.
          5th Generation Texan

Comment

Heard the surf was flat enough to fish today, but still dirty. The report i got was from the Jamaica beach area...not sure about closer to the pass or Surfside.

Check the cams!
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

caught 1 trout and 1 slot red this morning. couple missed bites.

clarity was holding fine at the beach NE of slp. Current was slower and so was the bite.

Comment

Working...
              X