Slp 5/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp 5/27

Never a dull day on the island. Took a friend from out of state to try and gig his first flounder. As we cross the intersection of Seawall and Broadway we see someone had ran into the gas station... Gotta love the summertime crowd. I hope he ends up OK because there looked like an injury

We get down to the pass and I'm happy to see that getting to the backside in a 2wd is easier than ever. As we are getting our lights rigged I aim it out across the flat and see some eyes looking back. Saw the first coyote I've seen on the W. end. Hopefully he gets his fill of tollbooth cats.

Gig around for a couple of hours and with no luck for either of us. I called my buddy over to show him the crisp edges on a fresh bed and explain how that was a good sign and he says "Look at that" and finds a good 16"er not 4 feet away. He gigs it and finds another one 10 minutes later or so. Those were the only fish of the evening but I'm glad the newbie got them instead of me. He was definently stoked at getting the fish and seeing all the bait and crabs.

The real cool thing was right before we left I was coming up to a bank and I see a big splash and something come out of the water into the grass. Definently made me jump, but curiosity got me and I went up to the area to see what it was (thought maybe a duck), and I see a dinner-plate sized sea turtle come out and mosey along right at me before turning off and heading out into the bay. Crazy! Never saw a sea turtle in the bay, much less <1' of water.

Even though the haul was minimal it was a great evening.

Real cool,milkjug Good trip for the beginner.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the report. I bet the seeing that Sea Turtle was really cool

Comment

Nice report and pics.The turtle is a cool pic
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

good job!!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You even got the pic of the turtle .... good report
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Way to put him on some flatties MJ! I haven't done that in a long time!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

you could have had turtle soup and you let him swim!?

haha jk. cool pics though
                XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

That has to be a once in a life time event, to sea a sea turtle in the bay.

I've seen a 40# stingray laydown in cord grass but a sea turtle?

Wish I could had seen it too.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                  X