May 29 SLP Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 29 SLP Bridge

About 1 pm hit SLP bridge with croaker. Ten minutes after getting there, 2 lines go off-a 22" red and a 3' sand shark. We hooked 2 more sharks and then I hooked up a huge ray-had to pull anchor and chase it-had 12# test with a 30# leader. After 30 minutes it hunkered down and finally my line broke-yes I horsed it!! I'm pretty sure Moonpie pulled up shortly before I hooked the ray-we almost were on top on their boat-sorry about that! Left about 3. Also caught skipjacks there-no trout!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Next time, drop a bag of tobacco down the line to the hook and that will get him moving again!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      About 1 pm hit SLP bridge with croaker. Ten minutes after getting there, 2 lines go off-a 22" red and a 3' sand shark. We hooked 2 more sharks and then I hooked up a huge ray-had to pull anchor and chase it-had 12# test with a 30# leader. After 30 minutes it hunkered down and finally my line broke-yes I horsed it!! I'm pretty sure Moonpie pulled up shortly before I hooked the ray-we almost were on top on their boat-sorry about that! Left about 3. Also caught skipjacks there-no trout!
      Thanks for that Jerry, Your experience follows mine of my last trip there. Since the skip jacks showed up in force I have caught fewer trout there. The one nice trout I did get was in about 4' of water just after the drop off on a long drift with soft plastics, and another in the same situation in about 3.5' with shrimp.

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X